Thursday, May 17, 2012

He demonstrated patience



Tomorrow’s blessing and opportunities depend on the choices we make today.

James E. Faust

Once upon a time, a bunch of chickens got together for a big flying convention.
Every day, they were taught the basic principles of flight and physics and did training exercises and practiced for hours. As the convention continued, they gradually improved, and some of them even got to the point that they could fly for very short and then longer distances. And then the conference ended,
and they all waddled home, talking about how great it was and how much they had learned.
I believe that I can learn patience by better studying the life of our Lord and Savior. Can you imagine the disappointment which He must have felt, knowing that He had the keys to eternal life, knowing that He had the way for you and for me to gain entrance into the celestial kingdom of God, as He took His gospel to those people in the meridian of time and saw them reject Him and reject His message? Yet He demonstrated patience. He accepted His responsibility in life, even to the cross, the Garden of Gethsemane preceding it.
 I would hope to learn patience from the Lord.
Time to Choose
Four pledges: I will listen, I will learn, I will labor, I will love. As we fulfill these pledges, we can have the guidance of our Heavenly Father and in our own lives experience true joy. Now, I don’t simply mean that we should make a wish, or that we should dream a dream, but rather determine to do that which we pledge to accomplish. We can, if we will. … Now, shall we go forward with such resolutions? Can we change our practices if such need changing? I declare that we can.
Thomas S. Monson
When we encounter challenges and problems in our lives, it is often difficult for us to focus on our blessings. However, if we reach deep enough and look hard enough, we will be able to feel
and recognize just how much we have been given.
Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment