Saturday, May 7, 2011

Behold thy mother

  



A Mother holds her child's hand for just a short time,
But holds their hearts forever.

'God could not be everywhere, and so He gave us mothers.'



When you are a mother,
You are never really alone in your thoughts.
A mother always has to think twice,
Once for herself and once for her child.



There is gratitude for our mothers.


Motherhood is near to divinity
It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed
By mankind.  It places her who honors its holy
Calling and service next to the angels.

Heber J. Grant


 You gently held me in your arms
And sheltered me from earthly harms
You watched me grown into who I am
And guided me with gentle hands
You taught me what I ought to be
Then reluctantly you set me free
So now this simple prayer I offer
To protect and shelter my mother forever.


Motherhood is more than bearing children ….
It is the essence of who we are as women.

Sheri Dew


I owe to my mother all that was bright and good
In my long night.

Helen Keller


The greatest trust that can come to a man and woman is the placing in
Their keeping the life of a little child.

David O. McKay



Don't Push
The minute the doctor said "push"
I did, and I've got to stop now
Because you're eighteen.

Breathe deeply
Think of something else
Don't push
Don't push.

Carol Lynn Pearson



My favorite child-
The one who is ill until she gets well.
The one who is away until he gets home.
The one who is sad until she smiles again.

Anonymous


A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person
To make leaning unnecessary.

Dorothy Canfield Fisher



The noblest calling in the world is motherhood.

David O. McKay



"While on the cruel cross of Calvary, suffering intense pain and anguish,
Jesus 'saw his mother,
and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother,
Woman, behold thy son!
Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother!'
What a divine example of gratitude and love!"

Thomas S. Monson



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way to begin this special day. Though none of us are perfect mothers, we strive to be worthy of such divine accolades as these. YOU are a great mother Lindsey! May you feel Heavenly Father's approval and guidance every day of your life as a mother. Happy Mother's Day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete