Monday, August 1, 2011

walk in the paths of virtue






Walking by Faith, Not by Sight


"We turn with hope...to Him who walked the dusty paths of villages we now reverently call the Holy Land, to Him who caused the blind to see, the deaf to hear, the lame to walk, and the dead to live. To Him who tenderly and lovingly assured us, '
I am the way, the truth, and the life'



"If we can pattern our life after the Master, and take his teachings and example as the supreme pattern for our own, we will not find it difficult to be consistent and loyal in every walk of life, for we will be committed to a single, sacred standard of conduct and belief."

Howard W. Hunter


"Pray for the strength to walk the high road, which at times may be lonely but which will lead to peace and happiness and joy supernal."

President Gordon B Hinckley



"Some men are willing to die for their faith but will not fully live for it. Christ both lived and died for us. By walking in his steps and through his atonement we can gain the greatest gift of all--eternal life--which is that kind of life of the great Eternal One, our Father in heaven."

Ezra Taft Benson


Finding Faith in Every Footstep

Years from now your grandchildren will tell with amazement stories of your choices which changed their lives. You will be called their pioneers.
We are all required to make journeys of faith. We show faith by the courageous choices we make each day.
Bonnie D. Parkin,

We Walk by Faith

We reach toward the unknown, but faith lights the way. If we will cultivate that faith, we shall never walk in darkness.
President Gordon B. Hinckley

Walking towards the Light of His Love
I bear testimony of our Savior, who said of Himself: "Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the life and the light of the world" I know that by daily preparing ourselves a step at a time, each of us, can move forward without fear, finding our way to Him as we personally feel the blessings of His infinite Atonement.  My prayer is that we will ever walk side by side towards the light of His redeeming love. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Enlighten, Enliven, and Enrich the journey of life
Anne C. Pingree

Said he to Emma, and to each of us: "A revelation I give unto you concerning my will; and if thou art faithful and walk in the paths of virtue before me, I will preserve thy life, and thou shalt receive an inheritance in Zion."
Gordon B. Hinckley

The Lord is my light; the Lord is my strength.
I know in his might I'll conquer at length.
My weakness in mercy he covers with pow'r,
And, walking by faith, I am blest ev'ry hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment