Monday, June 24, 2013

The storms will one day be stilled

 
 
The tests of life are tailored for our own best interests, and all will face the burdens best suited to their own mortal experience.  In the end we will realize that God is merciful as well as just and that all the rules are fair. We can be reassured that our challenges will be the ones we needed, and conquering them will bring  blessings we could have received in no other way.”
 
Jeffrey R. Holland
 
 
"Nowhere can anyone find a quieter, more untroubled retreat than in his or her own soul.
We need to turn some things down and turn some things off. We need to be quiet."
 
Jeffrey R. Holland's
 
When you feel tossed by the storms of life and when the waves rise and the winds howl, on those occasions it would be natural for you to cry in your heart, “Master, carest thou not that I perish?” When these times come, think back upon that day when the Savior awakened in the stern of the ship, rose up and rebuked the storm. “Peace, be still,” He said.
At times we may be tempted to think the Savior is oblivious to our trials. In fact, the reverse is true; it is we who need to be awakened in our hearts to His teachings.
In our own storms in life the Savior is our solace and our sanctuary. If we seek peace, we must come unto Him. He Himself spoke this eternal truth when He said, “My yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  When our souls are anchored in the safe harbor of the Savior, we can proclaim….. “We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.”
Draw close to the Lord Jesus Christ. Be of good cheer. Keep the faith. Doubt not. The storms will one day be stilled.
Joseph B. Wirthlin
Lord, I can’t say it in words… Can you please just listen through my heart.
Sometimes you are delayed where you are because
God knows there’s a storm where you’re headed Be Grateful.
Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace When other sources cease to make me whole? When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice, I draw myself apart, Searching my soul? Where, when my aching grows, Where, when I languish, Where, in my need to know, where can I run? Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish? Who, who can understand? He, only One. He answers privately, Reaches my reaching In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
 
Constant he is and kind, Love without end.
 
Emma Lou Thayne
 

No comments:

Post a Comment