Friday, October 12, 2012

If you really want to do something , you'll find a way

By Hilary Weeks

Don’t Forget, I Love You…

I loved Conference weekend.  I always do.  I love to take notes – both what the speakers say to the world and what the Spirit says to me personally.  Shortly after Conference ended yesterday, the example of Elder Scott came to my mind.  In the October 2009 General Conference, Elder Scott talked about writing down inspiration, praying to know if there was more to know and then writing down the additional revelation he was given.
I decided to read over the notes I had taken over the last two days of Conference.  Before doing so, I knelt and offered a similar prayer, asking for additional insight and  guidance.  I wasn’t sure if more would be given, but I reread the notes all the same.  As I did, to my surprise, more insight did come.  I wrote that down too.  I felt grateful for Elder Scott’s example and I am excited to make changes in my life that will bring me closer to the Lord.
During the Sunday morning session, my seven year-old “borrowed” my notebook for a while.  When she gave it back, I found a sweet message.  This may very well be the best notes from Conference.
Hilary
 

No comments:

Post a Comment