Monday, July 8, 2013

The hands of angels seen and unseen

“You may never see angels descending out of heaven, but I can promise you as you bear testimony and pray in your families, unseen angels will minister to you. As you share your talent for spirituality, you will feel the warmth and power of the Spirit governing your life.”
Carol B. Thomas
by Emily Freeman
A few years ago I had a dear, dear friend pass away.
During some of his last days we had very tender conversations with each other.
They are some of my most treasured memories.
One of them was about angels.
He gently suggested and wondered whether the angels that are sent to answer prayers and offer comfort are those who were close to us during this life.
I gave a resounding yes!
In fact, I am positive it is true.
No doubt.
What a tender mercy.
What a tender mercy to know of angels and a gift to be able to walk where they trod.
I have been impressed over the last few days with how often God sent angels to teach, minister, and testify ....
Today I wondered how often God sent angels in our direction throughout mortality.
Sometimes the delivery of the tender mercy is a miracle and a gift in and of itself.
Today I want to consider more often the tender mercies delivered by the hands of angels seen and unseen.
I also want to think more about being ready and willing to be an instrument in God’s hands.
Opportunities to be His angel.
~
I testify of angels, both the heavenly and the mortal kind. In doing so I am testifying that God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face. “Nor will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man or woman or child upon the face thereof to be saved.” On occasions, global or personal, we may feel we are distanced from God, shut out from heaven, lost, alone in dark and dreary places. Often enough that distress can be of our own making, but even then the Father of us all is watching and assisting. And always there are those angels who come and go all around us, seen and unseen, known and unknown, mortal and immortal.
Jeffrey R. Holland
I stand all amazed at the Love Jesus offers me....
In our own Gethsemane He sends angels seen and unseen to minister to us.
His love is Supreme.


No comments:

Post a Comment