Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Heritage that bonds them together


“The Spirit of God speaking to the spirit of man has power to impart truth with greater effect and understanding than the truth can be imparted by personal contact even with heavenly beings. Through the Holy Ghost the truth is woven into the very fibre and sinews of the body so that it cannot be forgotten”

Joseph Fielding Smith


Character is woven quietly from the threads of hundreds of correct decisions. When strengthened by obedience and worthy acts, correct decisions form a fabric of character that brings victory in time of great need.

Richard G. Scott

 
 Family is woven together like a quilt with a heritage that bonds them together.


family is like a patchwork quilt With kindness gently sewn Each piece an original With beauty all its own With threads of warmth and happiness Its lightly stitched together

To last in love throughout the years Our family is forever."


Walking, I am listening to a deeper way.  Suddenly all my ancestors are behind me. Be still, they say. Watch and listen. You are the result of the love of thousands.

Linda Hogan

“Author Anna Quindlen reminds us not to rush past the fleeting moments. She said: ‘The biggest mistake I made as a parent is the one that most of us make. … I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of my three children sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less’
M. Russell Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment