Tuesday, March 4, 2014

You will always remember

 
 
The watchman wrote that the boys, each about 7 or 8 years old, had come early one morning to Temple Square, pulling their brothers in little carts. One of the boys told the watchman that it was the birthday of his little brother Joe, and explained, "'He is two years old today, and I want him to touch the temple so that when he gets to be an old man he will remember he touched the temple when he was two years old.' "
The boy pointed to the other toddler and said that his name was Mark, and that he was two years old, also.
The watchman's note continued: "Then with a solemn, reverent attitude rare in children so young, he asked, 'Can we go over and touch the temple?' I replied, 'Sure you can.' They pushed their little carts over to the temple and lifted the infants up, and placed their hands against that holy building. Then as I stood there with a lump in my throat, I heard the little boy say to his infant brother, 'Now, Joe, you will always remember when you were two years old you touched the temple.' They thanked me and departed for home"
        


 

No comments:

Post a Comment