Thursday, July 14, 2011

The person that I used to be


What does my future hold?
What does Heavenly Father have in store for me?
Am I living the plan He intended for me?
Have I asked Him lately if I am on track?
Am I becoming who He knows I can be?


The person that I used to be,



That person no longer exists in me.



Wandering aimless, without direction,


Just hoping to find my way.



Back to the Bible I was led,




As I remembered what I had read.




Become as a child, come unto me.



Jesus my savior died for me.


Then I kneeled, and began to pray.




Father help me find my way.


Please forgive me of my sin.


Please dear Lord, let me in.



Please dear Lord, enter my heart.




Help me, give me a brand new start.




Father I beg you, won't you please,



Show me the way, I'm on my knees.



Then that still small voice within,

  


Whispered you're forgive all your sin.




They're forgiven, like they've never been.



My dear son where have you been?




I have watched you every day,

    



As you ran, and jumped, and played.




I smiled when your goodness shone.



When you sinned, my heart would groan.




In everything that you've been through,




I have never stopped loving you.



You are my child, can't you see.

 



You mean so very much to me.



The person that you used to be,




That person no longer exists in me.




That day you got down on your knees,




You were reborn, a brand new being.



A being of love, of truth, of light.



A brand new being in my sight.




Be ever faithful strong and fervent.





Always be my faithful servant.



Pray to me, one to one,




Pour out you heart my loving son.




Pray to me, morning and night




And I will aide your earthly fight.




Father I will be your faithful son.





I'll keep the commandments, every one.


I'll crawl upon your lap, and pray,




For your guidance, every day.

  


I love you father, and your Son.




For everything that you have done.




Thank you for this life so dear,



Now that you're so very near.



I'll keep you in my heart each day.




Thank you Lord. On thy path I'll stay.




1 comment:

  1. So many hearts touched Susan, thank you, and so
    many more we don’t even know about, way to go!
    Your efforts truly have the power to inspire! :)

    ReplyDelete