Monday, May 21, 2012

He loves you with an infinite love


Emily Freeman
Isaiah 38:16 – Isaiah 44:1
Sometimes you just need to know the Lord is near.
Because sometimes the journey seems long.
And although the scenery is breathtaking, and the companions pleasant,
there are moments when you might wonder if you can take another step.
Perhaps it is the heavy load you shoulder.  Maybe it is the fear of what is around the next corner.  It could be that you’re not quite ready for the detour, or the change of course, or the incline that lies ahead.
In those moments I find myself reaching out for the One whose companionship becomes a lifeline.  Just knowing He is there helps me to put one foot in front of the other.
My most favorite scripture is a reminder of the truth that He is with us through every journey, through every wilderness place, through every mountain moment.  He is there through the detours, and the changes of course, and the moments that cause us to climb vertically.
It is a scripture I have carried in my heart through the worst days.
It has gotten me through the longest nights.
It has brought peace through the times of heartache.
“But now thus saith the Lord that created thee…fear not: for I have redeemed thee,
I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers,
they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned;
neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God,
the Holy One of Israel, Thy Saviour:
Since thou wast precious in my sight…I have loved thee…
Fear not: for I am with thee…
(Isaiah 43:1-5)
Forget not to be happy now
Forget not that the Lord loves you
 He who created and knows the stars knows you and your name.
He loves you with an infinite love.
Never forget that your Heavenly Father knows, loves, and cherishes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment