Friday, March 1, 2013

And so we came

“We understood well before we came to this vale of tears that there would be sorrows, disappointments, hard work, blood, sweat, and tears; but in spite of all, we looked down and saw this earth being made ready for us, and we said in effect, Yes, Father, in spite of all those things I can see great blessings that could come to me; … in taking a body I can see that I will eventually become immortal like thee, that I might overcome the effects of sin and be perfected, and so I am anxious to go to the earth at the first opportunity.

And so we came.”

Spencer W. Kimball

 
"I'm right beside you."
"Speak kind words today!"
"Remember, there is nothing you can't do with your hand in mine!"
Love, God
“Want a really good day today? Follow Me!”
“Relax! I’ll be nearby all day!”
“Let my wisdom and advice guide you through life’s stormiest seas.”
Love, God

"Whatever we are waiting for - peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance - it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart."

Sarah Ban Breathnach

“God left the world unfinished for man to work his skill upon. He left the electricity in the cloud, the oil in the earth. He left the rivers unbridged and the forests unfelled and the cities unbuilt. God gives to man the challenge of raw materials, not the ease of finished things. He leaves the pictures unpainted and the music unsung and the problems unsolved, that man might know the joys and glories of creation.”
Thomas S. Monson
“The Lord will make much more out of your life than you can by yourself. He will increase your opportunities, expand your vision, and strengthen you. He will give you the help you need to meet your trials and challenges. You will … come to know your Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ, and feel Their love for you.”
Neil L. Andersen

Get a notebook, my young folks, a journal that will last through all time, and maybe the angels may quote from it for eternity. Begin today and write in it your goings and comings, your deepest thoughts, your achievements and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies.”

Spencer W. Kimball


“I pray because I can’t help myself. I pray because I’m helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It does not change God, it changes me.”

C.S. Lewis

“The true purpose of life is the perfection of humanity through individual effort,
under the guidance of God’s inspiration.”
David O. McKay
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget
that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.”
John F. Kennedy
Don’t be afraid to trust an unknown future to a Known God.
.
Our Father in Heaven wants us to be happy. And yet, we all have times of trouble. "One of the unfailing facts of mortal life is the recurring presence of trouble...When these difficult days and nights! Come and they will it will help us to remember that 'it must needs be,' that in the grand councils of heaven before the world was, we agreed to such a time of challenge and refinement. We were taught then that facing, resolving, and enduring troublesome times was the price we would pay for progress. And we were committed to progress eternally."

Jeffrey R. Holland

     


“Given the times in which we live, improving our prayers should be one of our deepest desires.”

Neal A. Maxwell

     









   

No comments:

Post a Comment