Friday, March 22, 2013

My cup with blessings overflows

      

Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

He'll bring light into our darkest hour; He'll bring rain into the dry places.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Isaiah 41:10


Have you ever tried to imagine a life that is OPPOSITE OF PSALM 23?

If The Lord were not our Shepherd. We would have unmet needs. We would not lay down to rest and would have no peace. God wouldn't lead us near "the water" We won't be refreshed. He wouldn't restore our soul. We would be worn out. He wouldn't lead us on the righteous path. When danger and trouble happen, We would be near death. We would feel fear and Jesus would not be there to protect us. We wouldn't be comforted.. ..danger would paralyze us. We won't be comforted and healed. Our blessing's from God would "dry up".

Wickedness and hatred would follow us all the days of our lives.

But He is the Good Shepherd

My Shepherd will supply my need: Jehovah is His Name;
In pastures fresh He makes me feed, beside the living stream.
He brings my wandering spirit back when I forsake His ways,
And leads me, for His mercy's sake, in paths of truth and grace.
When I walk through the shades of death thy presence is my stay
One word of Thy supporting breath drives all my fears away.
Thy hand, in sight of all my foes, doth still my table spread;
My cup with blessings overflows, Thine oil anoints my head.
The sure provisions of my God attend me all my days;
O may Thy house be my abode, and all my work be praise.
There would I find a settled rest, while others go and come;
No more a stranger, nor a guest, but like a child at home.
"We each have moments of spiritual power, moments of inspiration and revelation.
We must sink them deep into the chambers of our souls. As we do,
we prepare our spiritual home storage for moments of personal difficulty."
Neil L. Andersen
"We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues."
Thomas S. Monson

"A grateful heart, then, comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives. This requires conscious effort at least until we have truly learned and cultivated an attitude of gratitude."
Thomas S. Monson
     
"No matter our circumstances, no matter our challenges or trials, there is something in each day to embrace and cherish. There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it."
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
        

Possibilitarian:  No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are,
raise your sights and see possibilities, always see them, for they're always there."

No comments:

Post a Comment