Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I found a penny today...

 
 
I've been collecting Angel Money for several years, all because of this poem. I keep it in a special container at home. Yesterday a few hours after my Dad passed away while we were walking on the road, we came across a pile of pennies just lying there. Probably 50 or more. Thanks Dad for the sign that you are ok. I miss you too!
 
Ever since one of my good friends passed away, I have collected every single penny I have found for the reason in this poem. I will continue for as long as I live
 
 
Pennies from Heaven, after your love ones pass, they drop pennies for you to find in the most unexpected places. Right after we said our final farewells to my Grandpa, we went to visit my late grandparents grave directly across the street. As I stepped up to my late grandma's grave, whose been passed 13 years, I spotted this penny right in the grass. Five people looked before me and did not see it. It was meant for me. What a beautiful sign to let me know they are thinking of me.
 
I love the saying, "Penny for your thoughts" and I almost always carry one in my pocket for fountain wishes. I was introduced to the poem "Pennies from Heaven" and it changed how I viewed "found" pennies. They have been a comfort, a good-luck charm and a steady reminder of the importance of paying it forward. So although I'm a little sad that there won't be any new pennies, I love the idea of donating the old ones. What can I say...my thought is that the penny always seems to find its way.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment