Wednesday, February 12, 2014

To press on in noble endeavors

“To press on in noble endeavors, even while surrounded by a cloud of depression,
will eventually bring you out on top into the sunshine.”
Ezra Taft Benson
Hope is the anchor of our souls.
I know of no one who is not in need of hope young or old, strong or weak, rich or poor.”
James E. Faust
“With God’s help, good cheer permits us to rise above the depressing present
or difficult circumstances. . It is sunshine when clouds block the light”

Marvin J. Aston
 
…”During those long, prayerful moments…I tapped into a life-giving source of comfort from my loving Heavenly Father. I sense that he was not standing by glaring at me for not having accomplished forgiveness yet, rather he was sorrowing with me as I wept…. “In the final analysis, what happened in my heart is for me an amazing and miraculous evidence of the Atonement of Christ. I had always viewed the Atonement as a means of making repentance work for the sinner. I had not realized that it also makes it possible for the one sinned against to receive into his or her heart the sweet peace of forgiving.”
 
quoted from: Name Withheld, “My Journey to Forgiving,”
 
James E. Faust, “The Atonement: Our Greatest Hope,”
 
“Jesus’s teachings were not meant to be theoretical. Always they were to be acted upon. As Jesus taught, those who love Him will keep His commandments. Following Christ is not a casual or occasional practice but a continuous commitment and way of life that applies at all times and in all places.”
 
Dallin H. Oaks
 
“The adversary has no stronger weapon in his possession
 
for the downfall of our Heavenly Father’s children than murmuring.”
 
Marvin J. Ashton
 
“Darkness cannot be taken into a lighted room any
 
more than doubt can be created in a heart where faith exists.”
 
Delbert L. Stapley
 
“Jesus Christ has commanded us, ‘Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.’ Doubt, fear, and worry indicate we have taken all of life’s burdens and anxieties on ourselves. When plagued by thoughts that you are inadequate, confidently say, ‘I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.’ Then as you ‘cheerfully do all things that lie in your power,’
you can rest assured that the Lord will do the remainder and things will work out all right.”
Anthony D. Perkins
“There certainly can and will be plenty of external difficulties in life; nevertheless, the soul that comes unto Christ dwells within a personal fortress, a veritable palace of perfect peace. ‘Whoso hearkeneth unto me,’ Jehovah says, ‘shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil’
Jeffrey R. Holland
“Refrain from repeatedly thinking or saying negative words about yourself there is a clear difference between humility and humiliation. Identify and use your unique talents rather than dwelling on your weaknesses.”
Anthony D. Perkins
“And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things” The harvest of happiness is reaped by the hands of helpfulness. "God Bless us to find joy in serving our Father in Heaven
as we serve His children on earth."
Thomas S. Monson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment