Thursday, January 15, 2015

Bequeathed to each individual

"The peace of Christ does not come by seeking the superficial things of life, neither does it come except as it springs from the individual's heart. Jesus said to His disciples: 'Peace I leave with you. My peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you.'  Thus the Son of Man as the executor of his own will and testament gave to his disciples and to mankind the 'first of all human blessings.' It was a bequest conditioned upon obedience to the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is thus bequeathed to each individual."
 David O. McKay

"I will not doubt, I will not fear; God's love and strength are always near. His promised gift helps me to find an inner strength and peace of mind. I give the Father willingly my trust, my prayers, humility. His Spirit guides; his love assures that fear departs when faith endures."  
Naomi W. Randall

"There is an imperative need for each of us to strengthen our understanding of Christ's Atonement so that it will become an unshakable foundation upon which to build our lives. As honor, virtue, and purity are increasingly cast aside in the pursuit of appetite, our understanding of and faith in the Atonement will provide strength and capacity needed for a successful life... bringing confidence in times of trial and peace in moments of turmoil." 
Richard G. Scott

I will go forward...I will smile at the rage of the tempest, and ride fearlessly and triumphantly 
across the boisterous ocean of circumstance...And the 'testimony of Jesus' 
will light up a lamp that will guide my vision through the portals of immortality, 
and communicate to my understanding the glories of the Celestial kingdom
Eliza R. Snow

sunrise


No comments:

Post a Comment