Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Lord needs you here.....


When we put our problems in God’s hands he puts his peace in our Hearts


As my husband - a non member of and recently investigating the Church - and I were talking about what we should include in our fast, we decided that the most important thing to work towards was a testimony, and a closer relationship with the Holy Ghost.

So we fasted and prayed, and my husband very reverently poured out his heart to God and said "I am a very stubborn and slow kind of man, and I need for Thee to speak to me in a way so that I will understand. I need to know and feel the presence of The Holy Ghost."

We didn't tell any of the other members what we were fasting for, but later found out that the Sister missionaries were fasting for the exact same thing.

As the Sacrament meeting ended, one of the members, a very somber and strict man, sitting behind us, rose and tapped my husband on the shoulder. He asked if he could speak with us for a moment. We said yes and followed him as he slowly walked outside.

As he turned to face us, I saw that there were tears streaming down his cheeks. His voice trembled as he spoke the words I will hopefully never forget.

He looked straight at my husband and said. "The Lord needs you here, I can feel it very strongly. The Lord needs you here in His Church. You need to be here. Don't be afraid." I started crying...

...My husband was silent.

As we left from Church, I felt the urge to pray, to communicate with God what we had just experienced. As we sat down in the car to drive away, my husband turned and looked at me, his voice almost weak with emotion.

"I understand now. I've been praying about this the whole day, and now the Lord has answered me. It's the Holy Ghost, telling me what to do, reassuring me, letting me know I'm on the right path. I would indeed be a fool if I ignored this most powerful answer and wasn't baptized."

So, the next day he told the Sister missionaries of his experience, and we began organizing his baptism. Two days after God had answered his prayers, my husband was baptized by my brother-in-law.

The Lord answers our prayers, and He does indeed speak "unto men according to their language.." (2Ne31:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment