Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thy Will Be Done

"Too often we pray to have patience, but we want it right now!" 
Robert D. Hales 

Rather than asking: Why me? Why now? What have I done to cause or deserve this? Ask instead: What next? What am I to do? What am I to learn from this experience? What am I to change? Whom am I to help? How can I remember my many blessings in times of trial? "When you pray with real conviction, 'Please let me know Thy will' and 'May Thy will be done,' you are in the strongest position to receive the maximum help from your loving Heavenly Father." 
Richard G. Scott


"God is never hidden, yet sometimes we are, covered by a pavilion of motivations that draw us away from our Heavenly Father and make Him seem distant and inaccessible. Our own desires, rather than a humble attitude of 'Thy will be done,' create the feeling of a pavilion blocking Him. God is not unable to see or communicate with us, but we may be unwilling 
to listen or submit to His will and time."
Henry B. Eyring


iamblessed:

loveisjustlove:(via onlykismet)

No comments:

Post a Comment