1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
6 apples, peeled, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup oil
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
2. In medium bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and the salt. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, gently stir together Apple Mixture ingredients; set aside.
4. In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
5. Spread apple mixture evenly over cake batter. Sprinkle Topping evenly over top.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.