Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Be of good cheer, and do not fear

 
“I am sure that if we pray fervently and righteously, individually and as a family, when we retire at night and when we arise in the morning, and around our tables at mealtime, we will not only knit together as loved ones but we will grow spiritually through communion with our Heavenly Father.”
 
Spencer W. Kimball
 
“May God help us to be of good cheer, for this is the forerunner
 
feeling which precedes that glorious condition when our joy will be full! ”
 
Neal A. Maxwell
 
“Years ago, when our four-month-old son had an operation, I felt forsaken and alone in a hospital waiting room. Another mother there was particularly comforting to me. She took me down the hall to meet her twelve-year-old daughter, who was suffering from leukemia. I found her to be like her mother, peacefully and cheerfully accepting this fatal illness. The girl was busy knitting dishcloths for her nurses. Her brightness helped me put my own concerns temporarily aside. A few days later, our little one, now at home, was much better. I received a note from this mother. The affliction had taken my new young friend back to her Heavenly Father, but before she died, she asked her mother to send me a hand-knit dishcloth. What a beautiful example they were to me of ‘good cheer’ even in such a difficult circumstance. They had learned to accept those things they could not change and remembered the Savior’s words,
 
‘Be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you’.”
 
Barbara W. Winder
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment