Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Soup and Scones

Broccoli Cheese Soup and Scones

by Hilary Weeks
I will never forget the first time I had this delicious soup.  We lived in Denver.  I was really sick.  A friend found out I wasn’t feeling well and showed up on my doorstep with a huge pot of love – mixed with broccoli, potatoes and cheese.  It tasted amazing.  It felt like a bowl full of healing.
Sometimes we just don’t realize how much a simple act of service will mean.  Sometimes the effects of service linger for decades.  I don’t make this soup without thinking of that dear friend and her loving sacrifice.
Don’t let this Fall/Winter season go by without trying this delicious soup!  We love to combine soup and scones, so I have included my mother-in-law’s yummy scone recipe.
Enjoy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment