Thursday, December 19, 2013

Gratefully yours

Dear Santa,
      As I have been shopping and planning my gifts for others this Christmas season, I have been thinking of the gifts I would like for myself.  Please, dear Santa, bring me:
Patience, and an understanding heart, and the wisdom to guide my children to happy, useful adulthood.
A knowledge of the things needful for my spouse’s happiness and health so that I may be a good helpmate as well as an understanding parent.
Give me thoughtfulness that I may share my abundant joy with my own parents and do what I can for them in return for all they have given me.
I wish, too, a joyous spirit which would meet each trial with a smile and add to the happiness of my friends and neighbors.
Give me a critical attitude toward my own faults and a tolerant one toward the faults of others.
And lastly, give me such a sense of fellowship with all people on earth that I cannot be truly happy until I have done my utmost to bring joy and relieve sorrow and suffering for others wherever they may be.
                                      Gratefully yours.
P.S.  If I have asked for too much, just give me a living, loving faith in the teachings of Him whose birthday we are celebrating this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment