Friday, June 20, 2014

The way prepared

A Way
Emily Freeman
This weekend Greg and I were busy.
We built a road in the middle of the wilderness.
It it was a lot of work.  But it had to be done.  Because we are building a place of refuge in that wilderness place…
And to get to that place of refuge we will need a way.
We cleared sagebrush. Moved dirt.  Dug out rocks.  
Once it was smooth we lined the path with rock so that the way would be clearly marked.
The next day I could barely walk.  Or lift my arms.  That is how hard we worked.
But the job is done.  The way prepared. Now the refuge can be built.
This morning I read in Isaiah 42. “I will make waste mountains and hills…and I will bring the blind by a way that they know not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight.  These things will I do and I will not forsake them”
I thought about how The Lord prepares the way.
And I realized it is hard work. But He knows the place of refuge that we need.  
And He will make sure the way is clearly marked.
I am grateful for Jesus Christ. For who He is in my life.
“I am the way, the truth, and the life” John 14:6
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment