Tuesday, June 3, 2014

To Touch Heaven

 

To live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch Heaven.
Thomas S. Monson

“Jesus Christ, who by far suffered the most, has the most compassion-for all of us who suffer so much less.” 
Neal A. Maxwell

“One young woman wrote about the lessons she has learned in her struggle to recover from an automobile accident in which she received severe head injuries. í didn’t know how strong I was until the spring of 1996. The incidents of one afternoon completely changed my expectations of how my education would proceed. One minute I was on a path to my future, much like every other high school student. The next minute life was no longer ordinary for me. I was on my way to strengthening myself in ways I would never have guessed. . I was on a road to relearning instead of learning. . I relearned how to eat; swallowing the food in my mouth was a hard task that I had to relearn. I went from the bed to a wheelchair to standing and walking in over a five-month period. . I have learned many great truths from my diverse trials this past year. Prayers are really answered. Fasting is a power in my family. Love has kept me alive. . I have learned what I can tolerate. . Throughout all of this I have learned that I am a lot stronger than I thought. I have learned that if you need help, it is ok to ask for it; we all have our limits, strengths, and weaknesses. . All knowledge . is ‘spendable currency’ for me. Like a baby bird broken from its shell, I am learning to fly again’ (letter from Elizabeth Merkley) Often we do not know what we can endure until after a trial of our faith. We are also taught by the Lord that we will never be tested beyond that which we can endure .”
Robert D. Hales



No comments:

Post a Comment