Wednesday, August 13, 2014

His beloved child

be·lov·ed
adjective
dearly loved.
Synonyms: darling, dear, dearest, precious, adored, much loved, cherished, treasured, prized, highly regarded, admired, esteemed, worshiped, revered, venerated, idolized
 
 
“And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
 
 
And there was a cloud that overshadowed them, and a voice came out of the cloud saying, This is my beloved Son, hear him.
 
Mark 9:7
 
"the women in our lives are creatures endowed with particular qualities, divine qualities, which cause them to reach out in kindness and with love to those about them. we can encourage that outreach if we will give them opportunity to give expression to the talents and impulses that lie within them. in our old age my beloved companion said to me quietly one evening, “you have always given me wings to fly, and I have loved you for it.”
 
Gordon B. Hinckley
 
 
He knows your sacrifices and your sorrows. He hears your prayers. His peace & rest will be yours as you continue to wait upon him in faith. Every one of us is more beloved to the Lord than we can possibly understand or imagine. Robert D. Hales
 
"There are those among you who, although young, have already suffered a full measure of grief and sorrow. My heart is filled with compassion and love for you. How dear you are to the Church. How beloved you are of your Heavenly Father. Though it may seem that you are alone, angels attend you. Though you may feel that no one can understand the depth of your despair, our Savior, Jesus Christ, understands. He suffered more than we can possibly imagine, and He did it for us; He did it for you.  
 
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
 
Whenever you feel unloved, unimportant or insecure, remember to whom you belong. Psalms 82:6 “I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.” I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father, who loves me, and I love him. I urge you to not be caught up in what you see in the mirror, and instead look to Him for guidance to see yourself as he does, his beloved child.
 
 
by Emily Freeman
Every cloud has a silver lining. At least that’s how the saying goes.
It’s a proverb that found its origin from a poet named John Milton who penned, “O welcome, pure-ey’d Faith, white-handed Hope, Thou hovering angel, girt with golden wings!  Was I deceived, or did a sable cloud turn forth her silver lining on the night?” (Comus)
I can’t help but think about that sable cloud.  Filled with blackness.  Hovering. Engulfing everything in its path with darkness. My heart knows that sable cloud. Perhaps you have felt it also a time or two.
Hanging over your world…hanging over your heart. In those moments when you were reaching for pure eyed faith, when you found yourself holding on to white handed hope did you discover the silver lining there? I think of Saints burdened with debt chased out, and stretched thin, with hearts worn through. Clinging to faith.  Holding on to hope. Waiting for their silver lining.
I love the scripture given in that moment, as they struggled through that circumstance with a sable cloud hanging over their head.  Although the burden was not taken from them, they were given a promise from the Lord that would sustain them through the trial. He promised, “I have much treasure in this city for you…for there are more treasures than one for you in this city…And I will order all things for your good, as fast as ye are able to receive them”  D&C 111:2, 10&11
All things for your good. As fast as ye are able to receive them. A silver lining turned forth from the sable cloud. A blessing around the corner. Promise peaking through the darkness. Look for it, and it will be there.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment