Monday, July 28, 2014

He never withholds His concern

God is enough.
 
God intends to give us what we need...not what we now think we want....C S Lewis
 
God has no distracting hobbies off somewhere in the universe.
We are at the very center of His concerns and purposes.
 
Neal A. Maxwell
 
"Christ knows better than all others that the trials of life can be very deep,
and we are not shallow people if we struggle with them."
 
Jeffrey R. Holland
 
Though we may feel lost in the midst of our current circumstances, God promises the hope of His light.
 
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
 
 
Anger does not solve anything, it builds nothing. To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible.
 
Thomas S. Monson
 
Forgiveness comes because of the Redeemer
 
Richard G. Scott
 

by David Butler
As I type this I can hear the boys jumping from bed to bed upstairs.
Why do they think they are being sneaky?
It sounds like an elephant.
And my little Elle is refusing to sleep.
She is sitting right next to me.
And the only reason the baby isn’t up is because he is in his cage.
He might be the worst of all.
I took a picture one day of what my church meetings with him usually look like.

I attend three hours of chase.
I started thinking about the funny threats I usually succumb to with these little people.
I tell Elle that if she stays up all night and gets sick because of it I won’t care. And when the boys jump on the bed I say, “If you smack your head and cut it open I won’t even be sad.” And Jones–my little wanderer–even though he can’t understand me I tell him if he runs into the road and gets smashed it will be his own fault.
But it’s not true.
I would be sad if Elle were sick.
And I would be sad if the boys got hurt.
And I was one foot behind Jones the whole time he wandered–watching, protecting.
That’s what dads do.
Especially our Father.
He is happy when we are happy, and He weeps when we weep.
Even if it is our own fault.
Even if we were rebellious.
He continually warns of consequences, and he never withholds His concern.
Even to those who are prone to wander.
As we go about our daily lives, we discover countless opportunities to follow the example of the Savior. When our hearts are in tune with His teachings, we discover the unmistakable nearness of His divine help. It is almost as though we are on the Lord's errand, and we then discover that, when we are on the Lord's errand, we are entitled to the Lord's help.
 
Thomas S. Monson
 


No comments:

Post a Comment