Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Now Therefore

 “Some years ago, as a pilot, I was taken by an instructor up in an airplane. By turning the airplane at less than two degrees at a time, the instructor succeeded in turning the airplane completely upside down. My inner ear could not detect the transition because he kept positive gravity upon us at all times. Therefore, I did not know that, when he gave the airplane to me, it was upside down. Everything on the airplane, every instrument, was exactly right except for the landing gear, which was upside down; and every reaction I made had an opposite reaction from what I thought it would have. This is called vertigo, and it taught me a great lesson. I would like to talk for a moment about spiritual vertigo. Although we know of the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, of His obedience, of His willingness to serve and to be an example to us, and of His message to “come, follow me,” there are times when we get off course, less than a degree at a time, and do not know that we turn totally upside down… When we go into the waters of baptism, we take upon us His name and promise that we will always be obedient…For that obedience, we are told that we will always have His Spirit to be with us.
 
We will always have the spiritual gyroscope that will guide us
 
so that we will never have to encounter spiritual vertigo and that we will never be off course.”
 
Robert D. Hales
 
 
ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God
 
Ephesians 2:19
 
 
perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have.
2 Corinthians 8:11
 
 hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
Proverbs 8:32-33
stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes:
I Samuel 12:16
 
have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
John 16:22
 
if you will indeed obey My voice, and keep My covenant, then you shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:.
 Exo 19:5
 
hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the Lord.
1 Samuel 15:1
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment