Friday, March 13, 2015

Honoring Idella Marjorie Bjerke

Idella Marjorie (nee Solberg) Bjerke
December 28th, 1922 - March 12th, 2015  11:45AM

My mother had the most beautiful blue eyes, million dollar Paul Newman blue eyes, sun bleached white hair and a smile that was like sunshine. There is a part of me that is at peace with her passing, for the earthly struggles that come with the advance years had taken a toll on my sweet mother, as my sister in law said it so lovingly the veil is lifted along with the trials here, but there is an incredible void that life here as I know it has been altered beyond measure leaving a great emptiness and loss. How Blessed I was and am to have called her Mother. 


Sunset and evening star,
      And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
      When I put out to sea,

   But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
      Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
      Turns again home.

   Twilight and evening bell,
      And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
      When I embark;

   For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
      The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
      When I have crost the bar.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment