Friday, January 10, 2014

The loving image of You

 
Before I lay me down to rest I ask the Lord one small request I know I have all I could need But this prayer is not for me Too many people on this day Don't have a peaceful place to stay Let all fighting cease that your children may see peace Wipe their tears of sorrow away
To believe in a day When hunger and war will pass away To have the hope amidst despair That every sparrow's counted That you hear each cry and listen to each prayer
Let me try always to believe That we can hear the hearts that grieve Please help us not ignore The anguished cries of the poor Or their pain will never leave
To believe in a day When hunger and war will pass away To have the hope amidst despair That every sparrow's counted That you hear their cries and listen to each prayer
Father, as you see, I'm just a child And there's so much to understand But if Your Grace should surround me Then I'll do the best I can I promise, I'll do the very best I can
To believe in a day When hunger and war will pass away To have the hope amidst despair That every sparrow's counted That you hear each cry and listen to each Prayer Hear each cry and listen to each prayer Help us do Your will oh Father In the name of all that's true And we'll see in one another
The loving image of You
 

No comments:

Post a Comment