Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Your angel is always watching over you

 

There was this lil' girl one day sitting in the park.
Everyone passed and never stopped to see why she looked so sad. Dressed in a worn pink dress, barefoot and dirty, the girl just sat and watched the people go by. She never tried to speak, she never said a word. Many people passed, but never did one person stop.
Just so happens the next day I decided to go back to the park, curious to see if the lil' girl would still be there. Right in the very spot as she was the day before, she sat perched on high, the saddest look in her eyes.
Today I was going to make my own move and walk over to the lil' girl. For as we all know, a park full of strange people is not a place for young children to play alone. As I got closer I could see the back of the lil' girl's dress was obscenely shaped. I figured that was a reason the people just passed by and made no effort to help. Deformities are difficult at times for one to step forward assisting someone who is different. As I got closer the lil' girl slightly lowered her eyes to avoid my intent stare.
As I approached her, I could see the obscene shape of her back more clearly, humped over and grotesquely shaped. I smiled to let her know it was ok, I was there to help, to talk.
I sat down beside her and opened with a simple "Hello." The lil' girl acted shocked and stammered a "hi" after a long stare into my eyes. I smiled and she shyly smiled back.
We talked till darkness fell and the park was completely empty. Everyone was gone and we were alone.
I asked the girl why she was so sad. The she looked at me and with a sad face said, "Because I'm different."
I immediately said, "That you are!", and smiled. The lil' girl acted even sadder. She said, "I know."
"Lil' girl," I said, "you remind me of an angel, sweet and innocent."
She looked at me and smiled, slowly she stood to her feet, and said, "Really?"
"Yes ma'am, you're like a lil' guardian angel sent to watch over all those people walking by."
She nodded her head yes and smiled, with that, she spread her wings and said,
"I am! I'm your guardian angel, with a twinkle in her eye."
I was speechless, sure I was seeing things. She said,
"For once, you thought of someone other than yourself, my job here is done."
Immediately I stood to my feet and said, "Wait! So why did no one stop to help an angel?"
She looked at me and smiled, "You're the only one that could see me, you believe in your heart."
And then... she was gone.
And with that my life was changed dramatically.
So, when you think you are all you have, remember, your angel is always watching over you.

Author Unknown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment